1. How does working with me benefit you?
- It saves you time.
- It makes you a more informed buyer.
- It makes you more competitive in a tough sellers’ market.
- It helps you navigate through the complicated process of acquiring a home in New York
2. Should you have one broker from each real estate company so that you don’t miss any properties?
My broker firm, Douglas Elliman cooperates (co-brokes) with most of the other agencies, sponsors and often directly with the owners. One call from your broker can get you the information you need on all the properties in which you are interested.
3. But what about other companies’ exclusives? How can I see through you if they are not your exclusives?
An exclusive listing means that the seller of the property if represented exclusively by his or her selling broker. You as a buyer, represented by me, your buyers’ broker, can see that property. I make the arrangements to view it. Since exclusive listings are co-broked, you will not be missing out.
4. What about Sunday Open Houses?
A great way to see many properties in one day is by going to Sunday open houses. If you like looking on Sundays, and I'm unable to go with you, ask to be registered for the open houses you wish to attend. When you sign in at each place, be sure to put down your name, my name and phone number. This way you will be represented if you want to make an offer on any of the properties you have seen.
5. How do I know you aren't going to miss any properties?
My brokerage, Douglas Elliman, now powered by StreetEasy has one of the largest databases in New York, which is updated daily and includes properties from many different realty firms. If you would like to be a part of the searching process, tell me and let's work as a team! You can go online to the various web sites, look in the newspaper and real estate magazines and compare notes with me. Call or email me all of the listings you find online so I can research them further and make appointments for you.
6. If I am going to do the work, why do I need a broker?
I have a much more extensive and up-to-date data base than the public will find on the Internet. I often receive listings before the public has access to them on the web. The market moves much faster than the Internet. I will be able to tell you the status of the properties in which you are interested. It may be that those I've “missed” are actually ones that were already eliminated because they were already in contract or sold. One call to me will get you the timely information you need!
7. Buying a home is expensive; do I have to pay a broker fee?
You don’t have to. Sales commissions are paid by the seller, not the buyer. When a property is co-broked, the commission is shared between the selling broker’s company and the buying broker’s company. There is no additional out-of-pocket expense to you.
8. Once I find the perfect apartment, what do I do?
Finding your dream home is the easy part. Once you are ready to make an offer, you will really begin to depend on me.
- I will be there to advise you every step of the way to:
- Find the right mortgage broker to arrange the necessary financing.
- Put together a strong offer package to be competitive in the market.
- Negotiate the price and terms of the sale.
- Find the right attorney to represent you.
- Assemble the best possible board package to qualify you for acceptance & coach you for the Board interview (if applicable)
- Prepare you for your closing.
I offer a full-concierge experience and believe in giving nothing less than complete service to my buyers!
In return, I ask you to communicate with me, to create a loyal, trusting relationship.
For this loyalty, you can expect me to be:
- Knowledgeable…... always abreast of the NYC real estate scene.
- Accessible……………. just a phone call away.
- Available……………... ready to arrange showings around your schedule.
- Accountable………… prompt and honest in all transactions.
- Hard-working………..eager to search for properties until the right one is found!